Friday, September 25, 2009

Rifqa Bary Part III: The FDLE report is a joke By Davi Barker

September 22, 4:58 PM, SF Muslim Examiner - Davi Barker

Dear reader, in light of all the recent evidence which has come to light I must humbly retract some of my previous speculations, specifically with regard to Jamal Jivanjee. In Rifqa Bar Part II I suggest that he is the one who helped Rifqa get from Ohio to Florida, and the recently released report from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement identifies Pastor Brian Williams as the one who drove her to the Grey Hound station. Who purchased the ticket is still in question. I further suggested that Jamal may be the off-camera coach I identified in Rifqa Bary Part I. This is still my best guess, although I have no definitive evidence, so this remains only deep speculation, and I spoke in haste presenting it as I did. I still stand by my statements that Jamal's connections with Liberty University, specifically Ergun Caner puts his authenticity into question in my mind, but for the time being I am taking him at his word. I stand by my statements that Ergun Caner is a liar and a fraud. But for now I'd like to decompress two pieces of evidence we now have, Rifqa's Affidavit and the FDLE report.



The Affidavit is completely concerned with connecting Mohamed Bary with the Noor Islamic Center, assuming that all members of the mosque are extremists because of the various speakers and scholars who have been there. Basically guilt by association. This is a dangerous precedent to set because if the court system accepts this arguement it means that every Muslim everywhere could have their children taken away by the courts without any evidence of wrong doing. For example, me. Named in the memorandum is Siraj Wahaj, who spoke at the Noor Islamic Center and is an "Unindicted co conspirator" in the 1993 WTC bombing. I have personally attended lectures with Siraj Wahaj. I've shaken his hand, and he seemed perfectly nice. I had no idea these allegations existed. By the logic of Rifqa's affidavit and her attorney's memorendum, I am an unfit parent. I could snap and kill my own children at any moment for whatever crazy reason they dig up. Ludicrous!


An unindicted co-conspirator is a person who is alleged to have engaged in conspiracy, but who is not charged in the indictment. Do you see? There's no conviction here. There are only allegations. The existance of allegations against one person is being used as evidence of the truth of allegations against another person. This is madness! We must not allow our court system to conduct itself this way, and if you don't see any problem with this I suggest you go read Pastor Martin Niemöller's poem.


I much anticipated the release of the FDLE investigation into Rifqa's allegations to settle the matter once and for all, forgetting of course that every government bureaucracy everywhere is embarrassingly incompetent, even when lives may hang in the balance. I was looking forward to transcripts of Facebook conversations, and excerpts from Rifqa's writings. You know... like a real investigation. Instead, most of the report read something like this:


"Investigation of this allegation indicated it occurred in the state of Ohio, for which the FDLE has no jurisdiction."


What a joke! This, if nothing else, demonstrates exactly why this case should be in Ohio where the alleged crime took place, where the evidence is, where the witnesses are, and where the law enforcement agencies actually have jurisdiction. Keep the girl in Florida if that's what she wants, but the case should absolutely be in Ohio.


The report was not without any fruit however.


In the affadavit Rifqa alleged that her father, Mohamed Bary, threatened to strike her with her laptop. In the FDLE report Mohamed admitted he grabbed the laptop, lifted it to throw it and then decided not to because it was so expensive. He denies any intention to hit her or threaten her, but he could have denied the whole thing and it would have been his word against hers. So, Mohamed has a temper. That's not condemnable on it's face, but it is significant. We cannot ignore allegations of physical abuse in good conscience. These allegations should be investigated in Ohio, not in Florida. To be just, we must condemn any abuse that comes to light.


Rifqa claimed a high school teacher offered to harbor her if she needed to escape violent repercussions from her family. When interviewed the teacher stated that she was not aware of any danger toward Rifqa, and that she made the offer because her brother Rilvan was having wild parties with alcohol while their parents were out of town. At the very least this implies that Rifqa takes some creative license with the facts. But it proves or disproves nothing.


Rifqa told authorities that her father had no idea what cheerleading was, which is why he allowed it. She stated she always covered around him, and her family had no photos of her in her cheer uniform. Mohamed said he'd never seen her perform, but he'd driven her to practice. FDLE said there were photographs of Rifqa in her cheerleading uniform displayed in the family living room. This one confuses me. If Rifqa's lying it's a bad lie, because it would be easily verifiable whether or not they had photographs. If it's not a lie, where did they get the photographs? If you watch the interview with the family you can see that the photos are nicely framed with the school logo from 2008. Even if they put the photographs after the fact, they at least had to know that the photographs existed.


Most interesting to me is that in her affadavit Rifqa says that she became Christian November 18th 2005 at the Korean United Methodist Church in Columbus, Ohio. Unfortunately their website is in Korean, so this is a dead end. What is interesting is that the Korean Church is literally right around the corner from the Xenos Headquarters I discussed in Part I. This is before she met Jamal Jivanjee or Brian Williams. The FDLE report Rifqa says she was baptised by Brian Williams in June 2009 at the House of Prayer. Some limited investigation suggests that the House of Prayer has some cultish tendancies similar to Xenos. Evidence continues to confirm my original thesis. More on that in my next article.


More or less the report is a wash. It complicates the overall picture, but it's just banter. They didn't thoroughly investigate anything. If anything, this report only reveals the strategy of Rifqa's attorney to muck up the legislative process until she turns 18. I still maintain that the custody battle is irrelevant. She should be emancipated and left to do as she wishes. Let her get a job and support herself. If she feels threatened, let her carry a gun. I recommend the Lady Smith .38 Special. Better that then entrust her safety to the incompetent agency that produced this report.